Approachable: 87 The village is located northeast of Hungary located in the foothills of the Alps, on both banks of the brook Suranyi. The first written reference to the 8 km from Szombathely remote town under the name Suran dates back to the 1286th The municipality received in the course of their registration in 1907 the name officially Vassurány. Alsó and Felsősurány were already before the land inhabited by what in their territory uncovered Roman tombs, labeled stones and others derived from... tovább d from this time finds evidence. In the village center is one of the most beautiful Baroque buildings from the Trans XVIII. Century to see: The Sigray castle, which is also under the Nemen Schilson or Rottermann-Patzenhofer castle mentioned. The single building with a U-shaped floor plan was in the years 1723-1727 by Sigary József, Knights of the Golden Spur built. Since the renovation of the gloss wiedererhalten. The monument Castle also works as an educational centre of the town. The park could be one of the most beautiful landscape garden Trans, the park is also a small, from one island to umgrenzter pond. At the same time as the castle was also in honour of St. John of Nepomuk charged with Baroque chapel facade and halbkreisförmigem conclusion built in the interior of the statue of the eponymous saint can be seen. The chapel is located at the entrance of the place of the hero, in addition to the above bach built stone bridge, opposite the church. The construction of the Roman Catholic, Assumption Church consecrated the community was through the merger of a church until then the community gathered to Heldenkmal. Not far from this plague is the statue of the memory of the people, in Surány in the years 1711 nationwide furious fever victims are preserved. At the XVIII. Gelübdesaule coming century stone in the Baroque style are the statues of the patron saint against the disease fever: Rochus, Sebastian and rosalia to see. In addition, the roadside standing statues and crosses to the sights of the town paid.