The village lies in the northern part of the county, along minor streams. The area was one of the territories occupied by the early Hungarians during the Hungarian Conquest. The present structure of the settlement has been formed as early as the 13th-14th century. The village was the ancient estate of the chapter of Eger, who traded it to Domonkos, the Premonstratensian Provost of Lelesz. The name of the settlement first appeared in a document dating from 1332; the settlement was recorded under... tovább the name of Wayda at that time. The name derives from the word 'vajda', which stands for a title and a personal name as well. Some small parts of the village were held by various laic landlords for a short time, but the census of 1598 recorded only the provost of Lelesz as the owner of the settlement. The village was protected by the surrounding marshland and the several streams, which made it almost impossible to approach it at the time of the spring-flood. In spite of this the village came under Turkish rule in the 17th century. The present-day churches of the settlement of mixed religions were built in the 18th and 19th centuries. Mayor's office: Fő st. 8. Tel: 06 47 393-007
Please share your experiences about this settlement!