Education Institute for Deaf-Mutes
||Education Institute for Deaf-Mutes
||Sights / private house, secular public building
||2600 Vác, Március 15. tér 6.
The first school for deaf-mute people in Hungary was established by András Chazár in 1802. He was the clerk of the county Gömör. His statue is in the park of the school. The building had a lot of functions during the centuries - it was a bishop palace, a Teresianum, later became a cloister and girls' school. Behind the Restaurant on the square there is the Konstantin Garden, where the Christmas tree of the town stands at Christmastime.
Reviews and ratings
Other nearby tourist destinations