During the settlement of the Magyars in Hungary the place was a palatial settlement. Tass was the name of Monarch Árpád’s grandchild, and he was the first owner of the town. Gábor Földváry who was constructor of the National Theater lived here.The cult of Lajos Kossuth lived in Tass, many boys were called Lajos and they worn beard just like Kossuth. Tass – „the noble Tass”- as they called has many architectural values, numerous mansions were built in the 18th and the 19th century. The Szerbith... tovább th and the Darányi mansions were built in classic style Ignác Darányi the former minister of agriculture, and the founder of the Geologial Institute and the Museum of Agriculture, stayed in Tass many times. The catholic church was built in 1822 and the beautiful altar-piece called „Homage of the three kings” was painted by János Spelberger. Ferenc Liszt spent some time in the Nemes mansion – near the train station. With the creation of the brook of Bak and the Kiskunsági – channel the fishing tourism started to boost. The „Small Danube” attracts the anglers as well. Numerous recreational areas can be found along it’s bank.
Please share your experiences about this settlement!