Murony’s name of Old Slavic origin means anthill. For a while its name was ‘Békésföldvár’ (motte). The Hidasháti Állami Gazdaság (State Farm) floated in 1949, at present the Hidasháti Mezőgazdasági Rt. (Agricultural Corporation) is the most significant business company of the settlement. The village extends on a flat area, which is dominated by one-storied houses. In its center, the park (‘liget’) is a local scenic spot, of which area gives place for communal, open-air programs. The cleaning... tovább tower of the sowing-seed plant of Hidasháti State Farm is the highest building of character in the outskirts, which was built in the 1960s. With its characteristic V-shaped roof of reinforced concrete shell structure it determines the view of the settlement greatly. The Saint Anna chapel built in 1861 to be found in ‘Murvahely’ is a historical listed building. Unfortunately at present it is in a rather bad condition, for which the renovation and placing under local protection could be of help.
Please share your experiences about this settlement!