The first written record of the town comes from 1238. Royal settlers or guests (hospeses) were living herae at that time. On 28th of October, in 1244, it was endowed with a town's privileges by King Béla IV. From february1605 onwards it belonged to Ferenc Batthyany II. who was chef captain of Transdanubia at that time. Suggested walking tours: Batthyány castle - Tourinform Office- Batthyány castle - Town Exhibition hall and Sala Terrena Gallery- Batthyány Castle - Dr. Batthyány-Strattmann László... tovább tmann László Museum-Batthyány Castle Garden/Park- Statue of John of Nepomuk - Raab Bridge- The statue of King Béla IV. - Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Street-St. Erzsébet's Catholic Church - Church Street- Courthouse - Szabadság square-Statue of Lajos Kossuth - Szabadság square-Statue of Maria Immaculate - Szabadság square- Old Town Hall - Szabadság tér-Kölcsey Primary School and Art Institution - Kölcsey Street 12.- Heroes' Memorial - Thököly Street- Lutheran church - Thököly Street 21.- Calvinist Church - Kossuth L. Street 24.- Batthyány castle - Tourinform Iroda
Please share your experiences about this settlement!