The present settlement, inhabited by nearly 1000 people, was not formed until 1950, when Rábakecskéd got joined with it. The first mention of the village was made in 1389. The Turkish oppression brought miserable times to the village, which had no choice but surrender several times. They also destroyed its church named after Saint Tom of Kenyeri, which got replaced with a Roman catholic one dedicated to the Visitation of Our Lady. The Cziráky family got possession of it in 1716. The village had... tovább a new church built n 1769 in baroque style, the frescos of which were painted by István Dorfmeister. The calvary found at the boundary of the settlement was prepared by Mrs. Cziráky in 1731. The building put up on artificially raised grounds is actually made from one small, plastered brick-fence extending towards the steps. In the middle there are three wooden crosses to be found replacing the original stone ones. The Cziráky Castle was built in the 18th century, using up the walls of the old castle.
Please share your experiences about this settlement!