||Sights / ruin
||6640 Csongrád, Csongrád
The ruins of the monastery are situated northwest of Csongrád, across the River Tisza, about 3 kilometres from the pontoon-bridge. This territory had been inhabited between the 11th and 16th centuries. The earliest, subsisted document dates back to 1306. Excavations were done between 1990 and 1998. The Benedictine church is three-bayed, constracted basilican. The excavated materials are displayed in László Tari Museum.
|Opening period:||January 1. - December 31.|
|Opening hours:||Free admission,but it is difficult to approach.|
Reviews and ratings
Other nearby tourist destinations
folk architecture monument
other, religious building, technological monument, private house, secular public building
Kossuth tér 1.