Tourism of Beregsurány
|Type:||Sights / religious building|
|Address:||4933 Beregsurány, Rákóczi út 2.|
The church had been built in 1363. This single-nave church is located in the village centre. It is oriented, and its sanctuary is enclosed by several sides of a polygon. The tower is on the western side. There is a walled-up Gothic style gate at the middle of the southern frontispiece. Above the gate, one can see a circular window. This window resembles a funnel because it is narrower on the inside; furthermore, it is divided in three spherical fields. On the southern wall of the sanctuary, there are two Gothic style windows of different ages. Worshippers enter the nave, covered by a flat ceiling, at the bottom of the tower through a Gothic style gate. It is decorated with two pear profiles and a billet. The chancel arch is a lancet arch, furthermore, a barrel vault ceiling covers the western end of the sanctuary and a Gothic style rib vault ceiling its eastern end. A sedilia is carved in the southern wall of the sanctuary. At the eastern end of the sanctuary’s northern wall, one can see a pastoforium, which was eliminated by chipping the rocky material away.
|Opening period:||January 1. - December 31.|
|Opening hours:||all year|
|Open to visitors:||by booking|
|Function:||in its original function|