Aszófő situated in the left bay of the peninsula. The settlement had been a serf-village of the Benedictian Abbey of Tihany since the 11th century and has a history dating back several centuries, witnessed by relics such as the ruin of a 13th century church in Kövesd. It had been destroyed twice by the Ottoman Army in the 16th century and has been repopulated only in the 18th century. The inhabitants used the thin and rocky soil for viniculture and fructiculture which to this day remain the... tovább e main source of income of the village. The temple of St Ladislas was built 1832-1834 in classicist style. Further sights of interest are the house under Petőfi Street 10. and old row of vaults in the nearby Vörösmáli accommodation road. The vaults, scheduled as monuments, consist of a wine-press house and a stave-domed storage area and have handsomely laced facades. Aszófő’s border is a nature reserve. Tourists yearning for tranquility fancy this lovely village accessible by multiple routes.
Please share your experiences about this settlement!